This year has been wild, on both personal and geopolitical scales. A lot of people have been writing lists and sharing things that they’ve found good this year, successes they’ve had, things that take away the sting of a world that seems to be sliding inexorably toward the apocalypse.
I’m going to write a few blog posts about books I’ve read, movies I’ve seen, and music/podcasts I’ve found (and enjoyed!) this year. This post is about me, so I’ll keep it short (for once).
This year I have:
- Joined a gym and got fitter than I have been in the past five years.
- Won a bunch of prizes and got published in a book which ???? what the heck, who let me outside without an adult
- Made a public facebook page to stay on #brand
- Started a podcast which is honestly the best thing I’ve ever created and it’s all thanks to Serena.
- Yelled about racism 90-150% more.
- Been mentored and done some mentoring – managing to score myself a ridiculously smart and talented mentee.
- Become a more confident and independent scientist.
A lot of other stuff has happened but overall I’m pretty happy with this year’s haul of happenings.
Once I get the other posts up, there will be links to my 2016 wrap ups here:
Movies + TV